Decca Records and Disney Music Group’s Walt Disney Records have announced that Disney Goes Classical, a new album featuring classical versions of iconic Disney themes, will be released on 2 October 2020. Listen to the first single from the album, Matteo Bocelli’s ‘Can You Feel the Love Tonight’ from Disney’s animated nineties classic The Lion King, released today. The ballad, by Elton John and Tim Rice, won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1994. Matteo previously duetted with his father Andrea Bocelli on the hit song ‘Fall On Me’ (from the No.1 album Sì) which was featured in the closing credits of Disney’s The Nutcracker And The Four Realms.
“The Lion King is one of the most cherished movies from my childhood” – Matteo Bocelli
Matteo Bocelli said, “I am beyond excited to join this project with Disney. The Lion King is one of the most cherished movies from my childhood and to sing the lead song is truly an honor for me. Elton John is one of my musical heroes for both his songwriting skills and his unique style.”
Disney Goes Classical features the prestigious Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, performing new orchestral arrangements of beloved Disney themes, and very special guests including Matteo Bocelli, four-time Grammy-winning American soprano Renée Fleming on ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ from Pinocchio, and renowned Japanese classical guitarist Kaori Muraji. The album was recorded at London’s Abbey Road Studios, home to some of the finest movie soundtrack releases from the last century.
Disney Goes Classical features music from iconic Disney films
Disney Goes Classical features music from iconic Disney films including The Jungle Book, Pinocchio, Mary Poppins, The Little Mermaid, Beauty And The Beast, Aladdin, The Lion King, Pocahontas and Frozen. The album spans 80 years of Disney magic from its Golden Age to the modern era of CGI animation.
Disney Goes Classical will be released on 2 October 2020 – experience a lifetime of family favourites as you’ve never heard them before.
‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight’ featuring Matteo Bocelli is out now on digital platforms.
The full tracklisting for Disney Goes Classical is:
1. ‘Overture’ from Mary Poppins
2. ‘How Far I’ll Go’ from Moana
3. ‘A Whole New World’ from Aladdin
4. ‘Can You Feel The Love Tonight’ ft Matteo Bocelli from The Lion King
5. ‘Almost There’ from The Princess And The Frog
6. ‘Go the Distance’ from Hercules
7. ‘Colours Of The Wind’ from Pocahontas
8. ‘When She Loved Me’ from Toy Story 2
9. ‘The Bare Necessities’ from The Jungle Book
10. ‘Part Of Your World’ ft Kaori Muraji from The Little Mermaid
11. ‘Beauty And The Beast’ from Beauty And The Beast
12. ‘I See The Light’ from Tangled
13. ‘Let It Go’ from Frozen
14. ‘Reflection’ from Mulan
15. ‘When You Wish Upon A Star’ ft Renée Fleming from Pinocchio