Initially released September 25, 2020, Underwood’s first-ever Christmas album, My Gift, debuted No.1 across multiple global charts, including Billboard’s Country, Christian and Holiday album charts. The album remained at No.1 on the Christian album chart 11 weeks after it was released and debuted No.11 on the UK and Canadian Country album charts. It consistently remained in the Top 5 on the Billboard Holiday album chart throughout the 2020 holiday season, hitting #5 on the all-genre Billboard Top 200.
My Gift is a combination of beloved traditional songs celebrating the spiritual nature of Christmas and several originals, two of which were written by Underwood, frequent collaborator Brett James (“Jesus, Take the Wheel,” “Something In The Water”), and her Cry Pretty co-producer, David Garcia.
In addition to a special appearance by Underwood’s then 5-year-old son, Isaiah Fisher, on the holiday classic that inspired the album title, “Little Drummer Boy,” My Gift also features her first collaboration with Emmy, GRAMMY, Oscar, and Tony Award-winner John Legend, on the original track, “Hallelujah,” written by Legend and Toby Gad (“All of Me”). The video for “Hallelujah,” directed by Randee St. Nicholas, recently won the CMT Music Award for Video of the Year, continuing Underwood’s record as the most-awarded artist in that show’s history.
“My Gift is an album I’ve wanted to make from the beginning of my career,” says Underwood. “It’s been such a blessing to share this special music and I’m excited to share even more with the release of My Gift (Special Edition).”
My Gift (Special Edition) Tracklist:
1. Joyful, Joyful, We Adore Thee (Traditional)
2. O Come All Ye Faithful (Traditional)
3. Let There Be Peace (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
4. Little Drummer Boy (featuring Isaiah Fisher) (Harry Simeone, Henry Onorati, Katherine Davis)
5. Sweet Baby Jesus (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia)
6. Hallelujah (with John Legend) (John Stephens, Toby Gad)
7. O Holy Night (Traditional)
8. Mary, Did You Know? (Buddy Greene, Mark Lowry)
9. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas (Ralph Blane, Hugh Martin)
10. Away In A Manger (Traditional)
11. Silent Night (Traditional)
12. Favorite Time Of Year (Carrie Underwood, Hillary Lindsey, Chris DeStefano)
13. All Is Well (Michael W. Smith, Wayne Kirkpatrick)
14. Let There Be Peace/Something In The Water (LIVE From HBO Max’s My Gift: A Christmas Special From Carrie Underwood) (Carrie Underwood, Brett James, David Garcia, Chris DeStefano)