Frank Sinatra’s years at his own Reprise Records label are further celebrated today (24) by the arrival of the fifth instalment of the digital streaming series of lesser-known recordings in his peerless canon. Frank Sinatra: Reprise Rarities Volume 5 is released by Frank Sinatra Enterprises and UMe.
The digital-only collection showcases 14 Reprise tracks spanning the years 1962 to 1981, and it completes the series, which focuses on the legacy of “The Chairman of the Board” and founder of Reprise Records. Most of the songs on each of the five volumes have made their digital debut; today’s collection follows Volume 1, released December 2020 in honor of Sinatra’s birthday; February 2021’s Volume 2 for Valentine’s Day; the spring release of Volume 3 in May and the summer release of Volume 4 in August.
Volume 5 features Frank singing with fellow legends such as Bing Crosby, Dean Martin, Keely Smith, Nancy Sinatra, Rosemary Clooney, and Sammy Davis Jr. Several of the tracks come from Sinatra’s acclaimed Reprise Musical Repertory Theatre project. As a series, the five volumes, all now available on all streaming services, present non-LP singles, alternate versions, and bonus tracks from previous box sets.
Siriusly Sinatra (SiriusXM Channel 71) airs an exclusive Sinatra: Reprise Rarities special in September, and the channel will broadcast additional 60th anniversary highlights throughout 2021.
The full tracklist, with recording dates, is:
1. The Boys’ Night Out – March 6, 1962
2. Me and My Shadow w/ Sammy Davis Jr. – October 22, 1962
3. We Open in Venice w/ Dean Martin and Sammy Davis Jr. – July 10, 1963
4. Old Devil Moon – July 18, 1963
5. Guys and Dolls w/ Dean Martin – July 18, 1963
6. So in Love (Reprise) w/ Keely Smith – July 24, 1963
7. Twin Soliloquies w/ Keely Smith – July 24, 1963
8. Some Enchanted Evening – July 25, 1963
9. Some Enchanted Evening (Reprise) w/ Rosemary Clooney – July 25, 1963
10. Fugue for Tinhorns w/ Bing Crosby and Dean Martin – July 29, 1963
11. The Oldest Established (Permanent Floating Crap Game in New York) w/ Bing Crosby & Dean Martin – July 29, 1963
12. Feelin’ Kinda Sunday w/ Nancy Sinatra – November 2, 1970
13. Life’s A Trippy Thing w/ Nancy Sinatra – November 2, 1970
14. To Love a Child w/ Nikka Costa – December 5, 1981