A new animated feature offers an exciting new entry into the Spider-Man universe and a star-studded soundtrack featuring Nicki Minaj, Little Wayne, Juice WRLD and Post Malone, among others.
Set in the states during the Great Depression, Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse centres around the teenage protagonist Miles Morales, a Brooklyn teenager who shares the same spidey powers as the iconic Marvel superhero. The series promises to not only expand the Spider Man universe, but also offer a darker take on the comic book hero.
Morales is voiced by Shameik Moore, who previously starred in Netflix’s The Get Down and the film Dope and the series also boasts a voice cameo from singer and rapper Post Malone.
Voicing the titular Spider-Man character is actor Chris Pine (Star Trek, Wonder Woman), who plays the twentysomething Peter Parker-turned- superhero. Unlike the Marvel film franchise, this animated feature focuses on the Spider-Man multi-verse and features a who’s who of celebrity voices including Nicholas Cage, Liev Schreiber, Zoë Kravitz and actress and singer Hailee Steinfeld.
The film is already garnering serious buzz with Rolling Stone calling it the “best comic-book movie to date”.
The soundtrack listing is equally impressive, featuring all the heavy hitters of hip-hop including Ty Dolla $Ign, Vince Staples, Aminé and Swae Lee.
Both the film and soundtrack are set for release Friday, 14 December. See the full tracklisting below.
Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse Soundtrack
1. What’s up Danger – Blackway & Black Caviar
2. Sunflower – Post Malone & Swae Lee
3. Way Up – Jaden Smith
4. Familia – Nicki Minaj & Anuel Aa (feat. Bantu)
5. Invincible – Aminé
6. Start a Riot – Duckwrth & Shaboozey
7. Hide – Juice WRLD (feat. Seezyn)
8. Memories – Thutmose
9. Save the Day – Ski Mask & Jacquees (feat. Coi Leray & LouGotCash)
10. Let Go – Beau Young Prince
11. Scared of the Dark – Lil Wayne & Ty Dolla $ign (feat. Special Guest)
12. Elevate – DJ Khalil (feat. YBN Cordae, Denzel Curry, SwaVay, Trevor Rich)
13. Home – Vince Staples