Sir Tom Jones has announced the October 9 release on Virgin EMI of his new album ‘Long Lost Suitcase.’ It will be the companion to his autobiography ‘Over The Top and Back,’ to be published by Michael Joseph/Penguin a day earlier.
‘Long Lost Suitcase’ features another collection of carefully-chosen material visiting the Welsh entertainer’s musical roots, with songs written by Willie Nelson, the Rolling Stones, Sonny Boy Williamson, Little Willie John and others that have made an impact on Jones in his illustrious career of 50 years-plus.
It completes the trilogy of releases that was started by 2010’s ‘Praise & Blame’ and the equally acclaimed 2012 album ‘Spirit In The Room.’ Some of the titles on the new set are chapter titles for the autobiography.
The track listing for ‘Long Lost Suitcase,’ with songwriters, is as follows:
1. Opportunity To Cry (Willie Nelson)
2. Honey, Honey (The Milk Carton Kids)
3. Take My Love (I Want To Give It) (Little Willie John)
4. Bring It Home (Sonny Boy Williamson)
5. Everybody Loves A Train (Los Lobos)
6. Elvis Presley Blues (Gillian Welch)
7. He Was A Friend Of Mine (Dave Van Ronk)
8. Factory Girl (Rolling Stones)
9. I Wish You Would (Billy Boy Arnold)
10. Til My Back Ain’t Got No Bone (Eddie Floyd/Alvertis Isbell)
11. Why Don’t You Love Me Like You Used To Do (Hank Williams)
12. Tomorrow Night (Lonnie Johnson)
13. Raise A Ruckus (Jesse Fuller)
Explore our dedicated Tom Jones Artist Page