Thomas Rhett has announced the pre-order of part one of his fifth studio set, Country Again: Side A, due from the Valory Music Co. on April 30. The country hero has also shared two new songs from it on digital services and with pre-orders, “Want It Again,” and “Growing Up.” Side B of the double album project is planned for release later in 2021.
Rhett comes into the new release with an incredible track record from his four previous albums of 16 multi-platinum and gold-certified No.1s and nearly 10 billion streams. Country Again: Side A has him teaming again with longtime producers Dann Huff and Jesse Frasure and taking a newly-reconsidered approach to his music. Rhett himself co-wrote every track on the record.
“Country Again: Side A is everything I wanted to say when I was 19 years old, but hadn’t lived enough to know how to say any of those things yet,” says Rhett. “It’s about the crazy journey that took me out into the world over the last ten years and ultimately brought me back home, more centered and content than ever, with a deep understanding for what’s important in life.
“I’ve had a blast sharing some of these songs in their acoustic form during quarantine,” he goes on, “and am blown away by the reaction the fans have already shown.”
Highlights of the new release range from the introspective title to track to such highly personal songs as his ode to his daughters, “To The Guys That Date My Girls. Rhett also addresses the rawness of coming to terms with the death of a close friend on “Heaven Right Now.” The album also includes lead single and current smash “What’s Your Country Song.”
“How else do you slow down unless you’re forced to?,” he adds. “For the first time, I had to look at myself and say ‘Who am I? Who is Thomas Rhett without a microphone or a guitar or a stage?’ I had to really dig deep and figure it out. So in many ways, 2020 was a big ol’ reality check, a complete reset. And when I finally settled into myself and my family, and started to work again, it completely influenced all of my songwriting.”
Country Again: Side A is released on April 30. Pre-order it here.
The full Country Again: Side A tracklist is:
1. “Want It Again” | Thomas Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Miller, Josh Thompson
2. “Growing Up” | Thomas Rhett, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Miller, Josh Thompson
3. “What’s Your Country Song” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Jesse Frasure, Ashley Gorley, Parker Welling
4. “Where We Grew Up”* | Thomas Rhett, Luke Laird, Josh Miller
5. “Heaven Right Now” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson, Laura Veltz
6. “To The Guys That Date My Girls” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Will Bundy, Josh Thompson
7. “More Time Fishin’” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Will Bundy, Josh Thompson
8. “Country Again” | Thomas Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley
9. “Put It On Ice (featuring Hardy)”+ | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Josh Thompson
10. “Blame It On A Backroad” | Thomas Rhett, Zach Crowell, Ashley Gorley
11. “Ya Heard” | Thomas Rhett, Rhett Akins, Matt Dragstrem, Chase McGill
Produced by Dann Huff and Jesse Frasure
+Produced by Dann Huff and Matt Dragstrem
*Produced by Dann Huff