Paul McCartney’s Egypt Station Traveller’s Edition, a strictly limited edition, one-time-only pressing of his acclaimed, chart-topping 2018 album, will be released by Capitol Records on 10 May. Alongside the original album, the set will be a veritable treasure trove for McCartney admirers, limited to 3000 numbered editions and containing a wealth of extras.
The set will be presented in a vintage-style suitcase, containing previously unreleased tracks, hidden rarities and desirable memorabilia. Fans were invited to sign up to be the first to apply to buy the collection, which can be pre-ordered here.
The audio and video content of Egypt Station Traveller’s Edition includes:
• Limited edition concertina tri-fold deluxe 180 gram vinyl double black disc pressing of Egypt Station
• Exclusive limited edition bonus 180 gram vinyl pressing of Egypt Station II in Night Scene blue, featuring the previously unreleased ‘Frank Sinatra’s Party,’ ‘Sixty Second Street’ and an extended cut of the Egypt Station single ‘Who Cares’ — as well as four live performances of tracks from the album as performed by McCartney and his band at Abbey Road, Liverpool’s Cavern Club and LIPA and at Grand Central Station
• Limited edition Egypt Station concertina CD
• Exclusive limited edition collector’s Egypt Station blue cassette
• HD audio of all tracks upon shipment
• Additional rare performance footage hidden inside
The special features of the box set include:
• Luxury vintage-style embossed Egypt Station artwork suitcase
• An exclusive copy of a handwritten note from Paul
• Fold out, vintage-style Egypt Station illustrated map, suitable for framing
• Travel memorabilia including “travel itinerary,” postcards, baggage tickets and first class ticket
• Egypt Station luggage stickers
• Travel journal featuring copies of Paul’s handwritten lyrics
• Two Egypt Station lithographs of Paul’s paintings
• 500+ piece jigsaw puzzle
• Egypt Station playing cards
• Additional hidden surprises and rarities
Meanwhile, McCartney’s Freshen Up world tour continues to delight packed stadiums and arenas around the world. The itinerary resumes at the National Stadium in Santiago, Chile on 20 March, continuing until 13 July at Dodger Stadium in Los Angeles.
The Egypt Station Traveller’s Edition is released on 10 May, and can be pre-ordered here.
Explore our Paul McCartney Artist Page.