Agnetha In 20 ABBA Lead Vocals

The recordings that put Agnetha Fältskog in the vocal spotlight with ABBA, including hit singles and favourite album tracks.

At the very centre of ABBA‘s incredible worldwide appeal was the intricate vocal interplay between their two female leads Agnetha and Frida. The voices of Agnetha Fältskog and Anni-Frid Lyngstad complemented each other so perfectly that many of their best-known songs, from their breakthrough hit ‘Waterloo’ onwards, featured both of them on joint lead vocals.

Agnetha Faltskog4But ABBA’s vast catalogue, amassed during their decade or so of active service, is also full of songs that featured either Agnetha or Frida as sole lead vocalist. Today we turn our attention to the recordings that put Agnetha in the spotlight, as uDiscover presents a playlist of 20 of her lead performances, both on hit singles and favourite album tracks.

Presented in alphabetical order, the list begins with ‘As Good As New,’ the opening song from 1979’s Voulez-Vous album. Her lead on ‘Chiquitita’ is of course widely known, as are other international hits such as ‘The Day Before You Came,’ Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight)‘Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight),’ ‘Lay All Your Love On Me,’ ‘SOS,’ ‘The Winner Takes It All’ and ‘Thank You For The Music.’ The list also includes later and sometimes under-appreciated singles such as ‘One Of Us,’ ‘Under Attack’ and ‘Head Over Heels.

Album tracks adorned with Agnetha’s lead vocals include ‘I’ve Been Waiting For You,’ from 1975’s ABBA, ‘Kisses Of Fire’ from Voulez-Vous and ‘Slipping Through My Fingers’ and ‘Soldiers,’ both from the group’s final studio album, 1981’s The Visitors. And the playlist wouldn’t be complete without the only song in the entire ABBA songbook of officially released material on which she has a songwriting credit: ‘Disillusion,’ for which she wrote the music and Björn Ulvaeus the words, from the quartet’s 1973 debut Ring Ring.

Download-Stream-Buy

Follow the official ABBA Best Of playlist.

1. Viorel

April 15, 2016 at 11:07 am

The best band in the world.

2. ANDRZEJ

April 15, 2016 at 11:14 am

AGNETHA KOCHAM CIEBIE I CAŁY ZESPÓŁ ABBA…….JESTEŚ MOJĄ MŁODZIEŃCZĄ MIŁOŚCIĄ…KIEDY CHCE CZUĆ SIĘ WOLNY TO WŁĄCZAM WASZĄ MUZYKĘ

• Waldemar

May 29, 2016 at 6:47 pm

No to jest nas dwóch. A może duuużo więcej. Śliczna dziewczyna i najpiękniejszy głos, jaki słyszałem. I też do dziś słucham

• marek

November 22, 2017 at 5:08 pm

oooooo mam 39 i mloce ich od dziecinstwa gdy mi zle…i dobrze.kocham ich ! :)))

3. Herman sánchez

April 15, 2016 at 7:01 pm

Agnetha forever beatyfull

4. walt ausmus

April 15, 2016 at 7:22 pm

I have loved them since my 1st. tour of Germany in ’70-’73 and have enjoyed their sound along with the Scorpions as well.

5. joel luz moreira

April 15, 2016 at 8:07 pm

beatiful girl i have seem in my life, that Agneta, she singer very wel i love Agneta.

6. joel luz moreira

April 15, 2016 at 8:08 pm

goody by, i don’t have website

7. Shigeru Osada

April 16, 2016 at 3:00 am

My first chance to listen to ABBA was the some summer day in 1978 when I visited my coworker’s room.”My love MY life” was comming out from big speakers of the audio combo system.The harmony was beatiful and I was strongly impressed.Since that then,I have been ABBA’s fan.As the group’ ABBA’ does not exist now,but ABBA sounds aiways
    encourages me when Iam down. Thank you ABBA.

8. kenneth lucy

April 16, 2016 at 5:38 am

My mother introduced me to most of the greats of rock Beatles, Stones, Cowsills, Beach Boys if you can name it she had the album. The woman has impeccable taste still does today. When I thought I had out grown her suggestions on music as a 13 year old know it all she floored me with the introduction to Abba. She heard that Abba was to perform on NBC’s Saturday Night (now known as Saturday Night Live) on November 15, 1975 my 13th birthday. Like all teenagers in 1975 I wanted to go up to my bedroom and party but knowing this strong willed lady I agreed. As always I wasnt disappointed in her like I said earlier impeccable taste. The two ladies had harmony like a Lennon/McCarthy duet and their looks were exquisite (especially Ms. Agnetha’s). Been a huge fan since despite my love of hard rock. To a great band and marvelous lady (Agnetha) to coin a phrase Thank You For the Music and for the joy you have given my mother for being right as always. By the way she is 72 and most times I walk through this wonderful womans door I can hear you guys playing. Sorry for the long comment but I thought that you would like to know Thanks so much. Kenny Lucy

9. Fred Painter

April 16, 2016 at 10:28 am

Couldn’t agree more Kenny. Great memory. Anyone who has not sat down with the phones on and “The winner takes it all” up on 11, simply have not experienced Agnethas wonderful voice. Fred

10. kenneth lucy

April 20, 2016 at 6:23 pm

thanks fred.

11. Rey

April 21, 2016 at 8:20 am

Wow! Remembering ABBA!!!

12. vasile de la focsani

April 24, 2016 at 12:52 am

Pentru cei,ce mai sunt …an jurul muzici…pentru mine a fost si va ramane…..ce-a mai comerciala formatie a anilor-70…si va ramane neuitata de acum si pana …….cine stie cand…ABBA…UNICA UNICA!!!!!

13. Christoph

May 29, 2016 at 9:30 pm

The smoothest voice in the business, she’s the best there is (In my opinion)

14. Eva Lucak

July 8, 2016 at 6:47 pm

very good selection of songs

15. JC

August 26, 2016 at 9:30 pm

“One Of Us” an under-appreciated single? It’s one of worldwide Abba hits, and their latest single big hit.
    Both Agnetha and Frida had great voices and were beautiful.
    Anyday, I prefer Agnetha, as a singer and as a woman.

16. Jorge Espinoza

August 27, 2016 at 12:23 am

Agnetha is one of the best singer that have been on stage in the history in my own personal opinion.
    I love you Agnetha.

17. Juliusz Bielecki

September 15, 2016 at 12:35 pm

J love your music

18. Maria

December 10, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Tu voz es hermosa .. Pero junto a la de Frida eso era armonioso y precioso … Vuelvan a cantar antes de q alguno del grupo ya no este !!!!!

19. Graeme

April 16, 2017 at 7:34 am

When will you be featuring a Frida Top 20?